Viewing all people through the lens of God’s Grace
– We believe that God has extended His grace to all people. (Titus 2:11), and that people have an intrinsic value because they are made in the image of God (Genesis 1:27). We desire to live as a community ‘in step’ with the gospel (Galatians 2:14), therefore, we seek to practice love, forgiveness and acceptance to everyone (Matthew 9:11-13). We also believe that the follower of Christ has great freedom and is not bound by the rules of people (legalism — Galatians 3).
– (Romans 11:33) In our Sunday gatherings we aim to exalt Christ (1 Timothy 1:16-17) in our music, teaching, prayer, and fellowship. We believe that when we do this that the Holy Spirit will truly inspire and motivate us to worship Christ (Ephesians 3:14-19) as a gathered community and as a way of life (John 4:23).
– We exist as a church to fulfill the great commission (Matthew 28:19-20). We are to be imbedded in our culture for the sake of the gospel (Acts 17:22-34). We intentionally root ourselves in cultural spaces as missionaries where we can develop relationships, fulfill needs, and share the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:19-23).
– (Romans 12:2) We believe that the gospel can completely transform a person. This will happen as people come to faith in Christ and center their lives on the word of God (Col. 3:16), prayer, gathering together and the power of the Holy Spirit. This is more than just knowledge but thinking and living in line with Jesus and His mission (Mark 10:43-45).
– (Hebrews 10:24-25) We believe that gathering together as a church provides times of love for one another, encouragement, and transparency so we can be better equipped to carry out Christ’s mission to the world (Luke 19:10). Our gathering together is not an end in itself but a means to becoming a missional church. In our community groups we come together in various places to learn God’s word, to practice the one another’s (love, prayer, encourage, forgive etc. ) and to serve our community.
– We believe the role of Church leadership is to equip the believer for ministry (Ephesians 4:11-12). They are to identify and provide opportunities for people to use their gifts to build up the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12, Romans 12). When believers use their gifts they are no longer working in their own strength but in the power and strength of the Holy Spirit (1 Peter 4:10-11).
– We intentionally design opportunities where believers are developed and released for ministry(Ephesians 4:11-16). We desire to equip people to lead community groups (Acts 20:20), ministries (Acts 6), and for some to be sent out to start new churches (Acts 14:21-26). This process involves recruitment, training, releasing, and overseeing as we partner with God to carry out His mission (2 Tim.2:2).
Our Core Values