Dear Vintage Faith Church Family,
As we continue to navigate the day to day implications surrounding the current COVID-19 virus we have been asking God for wisdom and assessing the prudence of gathering on Sunday mornings. Please rest assured that the Elders & Leaders of the Church have been in continuous dialogue and prayer regarding how we best embody and express the body of Christ in this difficult and unprecedented moment in recent history.
As you know the CDC recently published a strong recommendation for no gatherings to exceed more than 10 people. Read here for more updates and information as it progresses.
We have come to the conclusion that it would be best to cancel our Sunday gathering for the upcoming two weekends of March 22nd and March 29th. We will assess during the upcoming weeks and communicate changes if that window becomes longer.
All groups that meet in the VFC Church building will be cancelled during this time until further notice.
Many of our community groups that meet in homes operate under 10 people and we are leaving the gathering of these groups up to the leaders, host homes, and people in the group. Please communicate with your leader if you attend one of these groups to see if you are gathering.
As we navigate the weeks ahead we desire to be in compliance with the government’s efforts to stop the spread of this disease. We are taking this very serious.
We also desire to stay connected as a church body. In times of uncertainty, there is nothing more important than the encouragement, connection, and prayers of the saints. We are taking measures and implementing systems to make sure that our whole church body is being cared for, prayed for, and stays connected during these upcoming weeks and months.
Some Details on Steps Being Taken to Stay Connected:
1. We are working to make sure everyone has someone who will contact them by phone, text or email. Many of you are already connected through a community group. We will encourage the leaders of these groups to stay connected to those in the groups. Pray for those in your groups. Reach out to each other often.
2. For those who are not a part of a group we will make sure someone regularly reaches through text or phone calls to see how they are doing and what they need, and to pray for you.
3. We are also planning to start a church food pantry. This will be stocked with non-perishable foods and paper products. If you have extra items please feel free to bring them to the church building. Also, Wegmans cards and gas cards would be great items. We desire to help out anyone at VFC that is in need in the upcoming months. Contact Dave Pettit 518-844-700 and he will coordinate letting you into the building with any supplies you wish to drop off.
4. We will be sending out regular emails. We will include devotional material as well as updates and news about VFC that we feel is necessary to communicate.
5. We would ask that you remember us in your giving. We understand that this may be a hard time financially for some, but for those who are able to give, please remember the Church. You can send checks by mail to 6836 Route 31, Cicero NY, 13039 or you can continue to use the Givelify app.
6. Our plan is to record a message and a song during the week and to distribute it through an email link on this email platform and have it posted to the website. We will also have a live text discussion Sunday mornings at 9:30 on the Vintage Faith Church Facebook page.
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. They collapse and fall, but we rise and stand upright. – Psalm 20:7-8
We must remember in these times of uncertainty, that our trust is in the LORD. It is not in the systems and institutions around us that are shut down or failing. We should pray for those systems to recover, however, the only unshakeable promise we have is in the LORD almighty. The LORD is sovereign, we really pressed into this theological truth in our recent book of Daniel sermon series. In fact, God’s guiding and loving hands brought us through that series possibly to prepare us for this day. Remember, God is not surprised by the chaos we see around us. In fact..
Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them,the days that were formed for me,when as yet there was none of them. – Psalm 139:16
– The Vintage Faith Church Elders